Date: 17th April 2014 Topic: "Wireshark - Packet Sniffer and Protocol Analyzer"
Wireshark is the world's foremost network protocol analyzer. It lets you see what's happening on your network at a microscopic level.Wireshark has a rich feature set which includes the following:
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility